God’s Design For Effective Ministry
1. A humble assessment of oneself. (v. 3)
2. A harmonious cooperation with fellow believers. (v. 4-5)
3. A faithful exercise of one's spiritual gifts. (v. 6-8)
- PROPHECY: To proclaim the will and counsel of God, primarily among Christians.
- SERVICE: To see and meet practical needs of others.
- TEACHING: To accurately interpret, clarify, and give instruction in the truth of God’s Word.
- ENCOURAGING: To give counsel in what course of action to follow which will result in spiritual growth.
- CONTRIBUTING: To earn and give money for the advancement of God’s work.
- LEADERSHIP: To coordinate the activities of others and lead them to achieve common goals.
- SHOWING MERCY: To identify with and bring comfort to those who are in distress.