Jesus Christ: Supreme Over All Things
2 Corinthians 4:4 the god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God.
1 | Christ is Supreme in Creation (1:15-17)
- John 14:8 Lord, show us the Father…
- John 14:9 Whoever has seen me as seen the Father
- Psalm 89:27 I will also appoint him my firstborn the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
2 | Christ is Supreme in the New Creation (1:18)
3 | Christ is Sufficient in His Person (1:19)
4 | Christ is Sufficient in His Work (1:20)
- 2 Kings 17:15 They went after false idols and became false.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 We all with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the LORD, are being transformed in the same image from degree of glory to another
- Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me.
3 Aspects to Beholding (Bob Thune):
1 | Dwell upon daily and often on the LORD's worth and work through the Word of God
2 | Declare the LORD's worth and work through Praise, Thanksgiving, Singing
3 | Display the LORD's worth by finding tangible ways to serve the church and your neighbor