Food Distribution operates on a first-come-first-serve basis and occurs on Mondays from 9-11 AM, excluding the following closures:
5/25/2020 | Memorial Day
6/15/2020 | Vacation Bible School
7/13/2020 | Camp in the City
9/07/2020 | Labor Day
The Food Pantry can always benefit from more volunteers.
There are opportunities to serve by delivering food to the food pantry and by helping withdistribution.
Because the Food Pantry operates on funds from Lakeview’s Benevolence Fund, donations to the Benevolence Fund earmarked for the Food Pantry are vital. We also welcome direct donations (e.g. cereal, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, soup).
If you are interested in finding out how you can serve in this ministry, please email a member of the Leadership Team.
How It Works
Once, each year, participants will be asked to provide a photo ID and proof of income to verify eligibility* to receive government commodities. At each subsequent visit
participants will be asked to show a photo ID. Households are eligible to receive food once every two months.
* Participants need only meet one of the following criteria for households to be eligible:
- current enrollment in food assistance through the state of Alabama (SNAP)
- current enrollment in aid to families with dependent children (TANF)
- current enrollment in Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- current income be at or below the current federal poverty level guidelines
- special circumstances (example: fire, loss of job, injury)
Other Community Food Assistance Programs
USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.”